Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The ballad of love and hate

In the ancient days of old a God Apollo challenged Eros to a battle of prowess with a bow. Eros not to be out done made two special arrows one which brought love and one which brought hate. That which brought love flew swiftly into the rear of Apollo. That which brought hate flew swiftly into the rear of Daphne. And when Apollo began to chase the beautiful girl she took flight. Luckily her father Poseidon turned her into a tree because that's obviously the best way to hide because no one ever suspects trees to be beautiful girls except for apparently Apollo who figured out the switch and made a cool headband out of her branches. The tree became a symbol of Apollo and was forevermore.

You're as young as you feel and you're young at heart. Apparently that means you can be both old and young simultaneously and I suppose both young and old. I'm rather comforted by this because I can't imagine myself an old fart who can't find his teeth. I don't want to grow comfortable in the world. I want to continue to grow no matter my age. Eternal youth is a very very attractive thing. It's something man has sought for thousands of years. The fountain of youth and wrinkle cream. We oppose that natural succumbing to age. Unfortunately we're not very good at it. I plan on finding a cure , it will probably be within my own mind, but that's perhaps the best way to beat it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment