Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pygmalian and Galatea

 


Picture
Pygmalion is a sculptor from the island Cyprus. He sculpted a women, Galatea, out of ivory. As he sculpted the beautiful statue, he realized that it was perfect and Pygmalion was falling in love with the statue, Galatea. Once he finished Galatea, he started to bring it gifts. At a festival for Venus, Pygmalion prayed to the gods to bring Galatea to life so she could be his wife. When he got home, he kissed the statue and Galatea came to life and they married.

If I could bring any character to life, it would be Junie B. Jones from the Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park. I grew up reading Junie B. Jones, so basically I can say I grew up with Junie B. Jones. My mom would read them to my before I was old enough to read and once I was old enough, it was my first book of choice. I feel like if she came to life we would be best friends because I basically know her life story since I've read every book. Also, she would be very entertaining to be around since her life is perfectly awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment