Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sodom and Gomorrah

Two angels came to a guy named Lot who lived in Sodom, and he recognized their importance and insisted that they stay the night with him instead of elsewhere in the town. Overnight, nearly all the men in Sodom crowded around the house, intending to hit on the two angels; Lot would have none of this, and, as all kind fathers do, offered his daughters instead to the men. (??!!??!???!) And eventually Lot got back inside, and he was told by the angels to bring everyone he cared about with him, for the town would be destroyed to rid the world of the sin there. And he told his daughters' fiancees (they had fiancees and they were still offered up as sacrifice? I am not amused. Not that I'd be any more amused if they were single. Gah. I can't win.), but they didn't believe him, so Lot merely ran with his wife and his two daughters.

Unfair punishment is a pretty big topic, honestly, and I don't exactly know where to begin. Do I talk about the death penalty? I could talk the ears off of several people if I started now. Do I talk about unfair punishment in my own life? For me, it's more unfairness than really unfair punishment. I mean, sometimes life all the sudden falls into nothing, and it's not because of anything that we've really done. I guess that's the main thing about unfairness in this world--it's going to inevitably come, but with it comes the promise that there will be other golden times sometime in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment