Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Babel

The people one day decided to build a tower all the way to heaven. They combined their efforts and very quickly were well on their way to reaching the clouds. God looked down and got angry. He didn't want the people to think themselves masters of the heavens and the earth. To prevent their progress, God struck all the men with different languages. They began to babble in tongues. Thus God prevented human progress.

I'd like to learn all the languages. Language really interests me. I've been on Chinese, but I can't seem to find the time necessary. I want to learn Arabic, Russian, Chinese, and probably Afrikaner. The ability to communicate with anyone in their native language is more or less my life dream, even though it's highly implausible.

No comments:

Post a Comment