Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse

This story takes place during the Trojan War, the war against the Greeks and the Trojans. The Trojans are protected by a wall that wraps around their whole city, making it very difficult for the Greeks to conquer and win. Odysseus wants to invade the city of Troy, so he comes up with a master plan. The Greeks build a giant wooden horse that the Trojans think is a gift but once the Trojans bring the horse inside the walls, all of the Greeks jumped out of the horse. They killed most of the city of Troy and enslaved the children and women.

I have many dreams. I want to graduate college, get my dream job, have a family, and just have a great life. And, I hope, all of the dreams come true. Although these are all a part of my "dream journey," my ultimate dream is to just be as happy as I can be. If you dream of having a great life, you might as well dream of enjoying it too. I want all of my dreams to come true, but I want to be truly happy with whatever life gives me. As Albert Schweitzer once said, "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

No comments:

Post a Comment