Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it was wielded by a woman

Pandora was created as a daughter of Zeus to be the wife of a man named Epimetheus to spite his brother for bringing fire into the world. Pandora came with her very own box (a very nice factory option). Zeus figured the curiosity of one of the brothers would end in the boxes opening, but he was mistaken. Pandora the bane to the feminine existence opened the both releasing all manner of savagery upon the earth (disease, crime, hatred, ect.).  Thankfully for humanity she was slow to learn and opened the box a second time to release hope.

Evil is something that has long existed in our world. It is painful, it is cruel, but more than anything is unquenchable. I  myself would love to reach out my hand and draw it all back into that box which cursed us all, but I can't. I can't put food in the bellies of starving children, I can't put water in the mouths of thirsty people, I can't put medicine in the hands of the sick, I can't put roofs over the heads of the homeless, I can't put love in the hearts of haters (after all they gonna hate). The box scattered the problems across the globe farther than I could ever travel with more power than I can wield, but thanks to the accursed and blessed final gift of Pandora; I can hope. I can reach my hands as far as I can with the hope of changing the world doomed to fail, but I'll hope on as Zeus has condemned me to do. Maybe just maybe though one day some task I've completed or conversation I've had will do something to fight the evils of this world in a lasting way that make hoping for a less evil world a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment