Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse

As the war between the Trojans and the Greeks raged on, the Trojans took cover behind the giant walls of their great city Troy. Knowing that once behind these walls the Trojans would not be an easy adversary to defeat, the Greeks needed to devise a plan. As if in an act of surrender, the Greeks built a giant horse to present as a gift to the Trojans. The giant wooden horse was so big that the main gates of Troy had to be opened in  order to bring it in. But the horse was not a gift. The horse had been hollowed out and filled with Greek soldiers ready for a surprise attack against the Trojans. When the horse entered the city, the soldiers waited until nightfall and then attacked. Troy fell and the Greeks emerged from the battle victorious.



My dream journey is to go on a trip in which I visit all of the 7 continents. I think I would be an amazing experience to visit all of these places sequentially in order to understand the vast differences in both culture and geography around the world. Though it is unlikely I will ever be able to take a single drawn out trip in which I visit all 7 continents, I do hope to visit them all at some point throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment