Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Odysseus and the Trojan Horse

The story of Odysseus and the Trojan Horse is a familiar one to all of us. The Trojan War is taking place between the Greeks and the Trojans; Odysseus and the Greeks are trying to invade Troy with little success. Odysseus comes up with a plan to build a giant wooden horse to be presented to the Trojans as a gift of surrender. All of the Greek soldiers except one hid in the horse and it was brought into Troy. The Trojans celebrated and got drunk, then in the middle of the night the Greeks climbed out of the horse and easily took over the city. They killed the men and enslaved the women and children.

My dream journey is to travel the world and then return home and settle down. I want to visit all seven continents, study abroad as much as possible, and leave Lexington for work. I have already had the opportunity to travel to several countries in Europe, most of the 50 states, Mexico, Canada, and the Bahamas, but I want to take a long trip after I graduate from college. I believe traveling is one of the most important things a person can do. You can see different places around the world as well as learning different languages and cultures. Once I return home to Lexington or elsewhere, I want to settle down and start a family. My dream journey is to travel and go to exotic and new places while I am still young, then settle down.
This is an image of the Trojan War (http://annoyzview.wordpress.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment