Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cupid and Psyche

Once upon a time, there was a king and he had three daughters. They were all beautiful, but the most beautiful was Psyche. People became obsessed with her, almost like she was a Victoria Secret Angel the night of the VS fashion show (it was on tonight). People began to neglect Venus, goddess of beauty, This did not float the goddesses boat so she had her son, Cupid, shoot her with an arrow so she would fall in love with an ugly monster. Cupid was about to shoot her but then saw how beautiful she was and accidently shot himself. No one wanted to marry her though, and she was destined to be married to a monster. She was then whisked away to an invisible palace with servants and an invisible husband. Although her invisible life was great she grew very homesick. She then lost her husband, Cupid and in desperation went to his mother, Venus (who hates her) and asked for help. Venus sent her on various troubling tasks but she passed them all. Venus and Cupid then lived happily ever after.
Psyche Revived by the Kiss of Amor (Love). Antonio Canova (Italian, 1757–1822) Marble, 1793.
So love....its a wonderful amazing terrific thing but at the same time a horrible disastrous curse. I'm not going to lie, I'm a hopeless romantic. I LOVE reading, listening, talking about love and love stories. I'm the person who will yell "AWWWWWWWWW" at the top of my lungs when someone tells a cute little love story. I think the best love story is the one you create and live, although I envy the love in the Notebook and whatnot, I know that one day I will find a love like that and it will be my own best personal love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment