Thursday, March 13, 2014

Things

Just looking at my brother can make him laugh Just staring at an audience can make them clap Don't really know how I'm feeling until I sing Reality caves in on me when I think Nothing else matters when I eat Everything seems so important before I sleep After the best day I sleep- peacefully, In my dreams I laugh In my dreams I can't forget the food I eat Can't wait for graduation, my whole family will clap Life is always beautiful, is how they think My dad will set up karaoke to make everyone sing My dad is bad at it, but there's always a reason to sing There's alway's another day, I wait until tommorow through sleep Don't count your thoughts worthless, always think But don't lose your sense of wonder, that's why we laugh In middle school my teacher taught us how to clap I took a class in elementary school to teach me how to eat Manners Matter. We learned etiquette, we went to Durangos to eat If it was my birthday they would sing- and cheer for my new age, make joyous sounds and clap and they'd remember the joy they gave in their sleep Me and my dad watch comedy shows to laugh I was actually on one now that I think I don't judge how other people think But I always judge how other people eat Because how they eat is probably how they laugh And how they laugh is probably how they sing Viscous songs, looking forward to sleep Lord, give me a reason to clap At other people's misfortune, some poeple clap Poisonous hateful thoughts about others is how some think Some don't get stuff done, in their bed for 18 hours they sleep Shoveling food in their mouth, barely tasting it some eat Screaming, praising the devil's strength is how some sing And at others, to feel dominant some laugh If you laugh at others I will think, That you don't clap when believers of God sing Sin can be aparent in just the way someone eats, don't want to regret it when death takes over sleep. Originally I picked out six words to end my poem with that were basic actions that people do on a semi-regular basis. These actions are the basic foundations of being human, and are what makes the human experience enjoyable. Looking back I didn't have a main theme evident throughout my poem. It seemed that I just had description. So I thought about what I wanted to say and decided that I wanted to make clear that these actions can be inappropriate or sinful in a certain context. I added words like "sin" and "devil" in this poem so that I could make it clear the evil impact these actions could have if done in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment