Thursday, March 13, 2014

I tried


Summer

When the bell rings on June 6th: summer
The papers fly up in joy. 
We scream and run into the sun, 
all worries replaced with freedom. 
We can’t wait for the upcoming fun. 
Our brains are liberated from thoughts of any sestina.

I’m really not good at writing this sestina.
Only 2 and a half months til summer.
Senior year is great but summer is more fun, 
Warm weather is a joy. 
After school, I have freedom, 
All i care about is basking in the sun. 

Ouch! I’m burnt from the rays of the sun.
I’ll cool the burn by focusing on the pain of writing a sestina, 
But I do appreciate its newfound freedom. 
I hope this weekend is a tease of summer;
My week has earned 2 days of pure joy.
Boys also just want to have fun!

I just want to go to King’s Island and have fun
With my friends and get a sun-
Burn but still have lots of joy. 
I’m starting to enjoy my sestina, 
But not as much as the pure bliss of summer,
Nor the 4th of July where I celebrate freedom. 

Red, white, and blue gotta love freedom. 
I love fireworks and hotdogs, true fun
Only happens during summer.
Falling asleep in hammocks under the sun, 
With dreams of my favorite sestina. 
Nap time is my favorite joy. 

When Labor Day comes, my joy
Is over. Soon I lose all of my freedom.
College comes around just like another sestina, 
All my fun
In the sun
Has come to a close, goodbye summer. 

All great fun and freedom must come to an end,
My joy is replaced with a sestina. 
Goodbye sun, Adios summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment