Tuesday, February 4, 2014

They Flee From Me-She Walks in Beuty

They Flee From Me by Sir Thomas Wyatt confused me at first, but then I realized that these things fleeing from him is a womb. Barefoot and scantily clad she takes his food and kisses him, I found this ironic because usually it's woman giving food to the men (just kidding). But I feel ba dfor this guy because every time he gets close to these women they just get up and leave him behind, he is stuck in a vicious cycle.
She Walks in Beuty by Lord Byron is very different from that os Sir Thomas Wyatts, Lord Byron describes this perfect woman that is in front of him, and that is the main difference. The woman is actually in front of him, not running away with his stolen goods. He uses more imagery like the dark night skies to describe his far maiden so his diction makes her seem beautiful.

I'd like to be able to agree with Lord Byrons perspective but that is not the case, I don't have dat but that's fine with me because Im ok with saving money. So in that case I see Byron in a nice steady relationship rob ably in his later years, and Sir thomas Wyatt is like a college kid doing a one night stand.

1 comment:

  1. "These things fleeing from him is a womb?" Is a "womb" the new shorthand for "women?" I like how empathetic you are about Wyatt's speaker suffering from his loss of power!

    ReplyDelete