Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Agony of Christ

In the Catholic church, the Agony of Christ refers to his time in the Garden of Gethsemani, just before Judas came leading the priests and elders of the temple. After telling the disciples to wait behind and not to fall into temptation, Jesus began to pray and had a vision from an angel. He "experienced an agony," presumably in his soul, and sweat began to fall to the ground in the form of drops of blood. (This is considered to be a literal process, as opposed to figurative, in the Catholic church.)

And now, for the agony of Henry Clay High School!
The hallways. Of course. Everyone who has ever set foot in this school would agree that the hallways of this school are the worst part of Henry Clay. Traveling to classes, particularly in that one intersection in the downstairs orange hallway (the Mr. Pope side, not the Mrs. Cabble side), is a claustrophobic experience and should not be repeated at any other point in one's life.
The other things that have bothered me the most throughout high school have been more typical high school things and less specifically Henry Clay things. For instance, I don't like having such petty rules like being required to have a pass to go to the library--it's always seemed to silly to me, because if someone were going to skip school, they would have left school or gone to a different class, not gone to the library. Perhaps this bothers me the most now because I know that next year I will have an immense amount of freedom, but currently I still have to ask if I'm allowed to use the restroom. It feels petty and restricting, and I'm greatly looking forward to having so much more freedom next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment